Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Chipotle Honey Glaze
Serves: 2 to 4
½ cup honey
1 tablespoon chipotle puree
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 3 ½ to 4 lb chicken, rinsed, patted dry and butteflied
1. Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. Whisk together the honey, chipotle, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside for to allow the flavors to meld.
2. Brush the chicken with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast, skin side up until the skin begins to turn light golden brown, about
25 minutes. Brush with the glaze and continue roasting until an instant read thermometer inserted into the breast, registers 158 degrees F, about 15 to 20 minutes longer. Brush liberally with the glaze during the last 10 minutes of roasting.
3. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before carving.
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with Green Chile Queso Sauce
Serves: 2 to 4
3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
1 stick unsalted butter
1 ½ - 2 cups heavy cream, heated
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups hot milk
1 ¼ pounds Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated
½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely diced
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Put potatoes in a large pot, cover by a few inches with cold water and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until a paring knife inserted in the center meets no resistance.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the hot milk, increase the heat to high and cook until thickened and flour taste is cooked out, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the Monterey Jack cheese until smooth and melted. Stir in the parmesan and poblano chiles and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the potatoes well. Put through a ricer set over a bowl, Return the riced potatoes to the pot on the stove over low heat, add the butter and 1 ½ cups of warm cream and using a wooden spoon, gently stir the potatoes while folding in the butter and cream, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl, make a well in the middle of the potatoes and fill with the cheese sauce, garnish with the cilantro.
Cast Iron Roasted Vegetables
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large dice
3 carrots, peeled and cut into large dice
12 shallots, peeled
2 poblano chiles, cut into large dice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine squash, carrots, shallots, poblano in a larghe cast iron pan, toss with a few tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven until golden brown and just cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in the cilantro and season with more salt, if needed.
2 ounces El Jimador Blanco Tequila
½ ounce Combier Triple Sec Liqueur
½ ounce simple syrup
1 ounce pomegranate juice
1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Strain into a Margarita glass completely filled with fresh ice;
1 Lime Wheel float, garnish
3 fresh Pomegranate Seeds scattered on Lime Wheel, garnish
1. Put handful of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Add tequila, triple sec, simple syrup, pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice and lime juice…Shake until frothy, about 10 seconds.
2. Strain into a margarita glass filled with ice and garnish with lime wheel on top and a few pomegranate seeds.