Mixed Greens with Apple, Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Pomegranate Dressing
3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon clover honey
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups baby arugula
1 head endive, thinly sliced crosswise
1 small head radicchio, halved and thinly sliced
1 Gala or Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and cut into small dice
2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
¼ walnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Whisk together the pomegranate molasses, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified
2. Add the arugula, endive, radicchio and apple and toss until coat the greens and apples. Top with the blue cheese, nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Red Snapper in Parchment with Provencal Butter with Sweet Garlic Rice
Sweet Garlic Rice
8 cloves roasted garlic, peeled
2 ¾ cups homemade chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
1 cup long grain rice
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1. Place roasted garlic and stock in a food processor and process until smooth. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat, season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil/onion mixture. Add the simmering stock, stir well and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all of the liquid. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the parsley.
1 stickunsalted butter, slightly softened
2 anchovy fillets
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons capers
3 tablespoons Nicoise olives, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, season with salt and pepper. Scrape mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Leftover butter will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 week. Great spread on toasted bread or melted over chicken or steaks.
2 sheets parchment paper or aluminum foil
2 red snapper or halibut fillets, 8 ounces each
Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 1 red snapper fillet in the center of each piece of parchment paper. Top each filet with a heaping tablespoon of the butter, a slice of lemon and a sprig of thyme. Fold edges together, then tightly fold in the edges, crimping around all sides to seal packets completely. Place on baking sheet.
2. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Place each packet on dinner plate, let sit for 2 minutes, open parchment and serve over rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.
2 ruby red grapefruit, segmented
1 pint fresh raspberries
2 large egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sweet dessert wine such as Orange Muscat, Marsala or Champagne
1. Divide the grapefruit segments and raspberries among 2 shallow 8-oz ramekins or shallow bowls.
2. Fill a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk together the yolks, sugar and wine in a large bowl and place it over the simmering water. Whisk using a handheld mixer or a balloon whisk until the mixture has tripled in volume and the mixture forms a ribbon when lifted. Spoon the mixture over the fruit and serve immediately.