Cinnamon-Maple Oat Biscotti with Yogurt Dip
1/2 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Splash of heavy cream
Cinnamon-Maple Oat Biscotti
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch fine sea salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely diced dried apricots
1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries or cherries
1. For the dip: Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir in just enough cream to make a clingy dipping sauce. Cover and refrigerate while you prepared the biscotti. Remove from the refrigerator 5 minutes before using.
2. For the biscotti: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. Whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Whisk together the eggs in a small bowl until smooth. Add the maple syrup, butter, oil and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with the apricots and cranberries and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together; it will be wet. Using lightly floured hands (the dough may be a bit sticky so re-flour your hands as needed) transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a log about 12 inches-by-4 inches.
5. Bake until lightly golden and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. The log will have spread quite a bit. Cool on the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes (or until the log is cool enough to handle).
6. Slice the log into 1/3-inch-wide slices on the diagonal. Lay the slices down on the sheet pan and bake until dry, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Let the slices sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 10 minutes. Once the biscotti are cool, serve with the yogurt dip. The biscotti will keep 1 week at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.